I haven't yet had my coffee and I am not wearing my glasses, so please excuse any errors in this post.
4 years ago when Phoebe and I found GGYR, we never imagined it would lead us to where we are today. Thank you to Cowboy Max and Cochise for sharing your time and patience with Phoebe, and for introducing her to the world of horses.
Even though Cochise and I have had our disagreements, the fact that he will no longer be around makes me incredibly sad. You brought a million smiles Cochise.
I may not have known Black as long as several other people, but he was always my favorite at the ranch. So quiet and always looked like he was thinking about something serious. In the winter, his coat grew shaggy and soft and long. I loved running my fingers through it and smelling his neck because it reminded my of when I was a kid in Roswell, growing up in the middle of nowhere surrounded by beauty and wildlife.
I never thought the day would come when Black would no longer be around. He was always around! The running joke that he grew younger every year because Candido kept pushing his birthday back. Truth be told, he is 35 like me. Today, that sweet boy goes to rest.
I shed tears for both of these horses, and for Max and for my Phoebe. For all the children whose lives they touched and to thank them for all the smiles they brought to so many faces, including mine.
I will miss your long, shaggy coat in the winter Black, and the way your smell reminded me of a time in my life when things were simple and sweet. Thank you for stepping into my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment