Saturday, April 20, 2013

and we were kung fu fighting...

Over the past week or so my stomach has been fighting me. I started wondering if it was due to dairy, because it seemed like every time I ate something with cheese-my upper abdominal area started kung fu fighting. Then the reflux would hit and the pain---holy shit the pain. It would radiate on my right side up into my ribs and then to my back. I thought I was dying. Truly.


I happened to be on the phone with Kristie when it happened again and at least she knew where I was because I don't have a medic alert bracelet. I told her this and she laughed. This is what happened when I broke my ankle--no one was around. I had to crawl back outside to my truck and somehow by a miracle of jesus, I was able to get in it and make the call. Only for my husband to tell me he was in a meeting and couldn't take me to urgent care.

Guess who drove herself?


So my abdomen is all whack and everyone hates each other in there and I am in agony. Then my silent doc (she who shall not be named) who really is a doc, tells me to go get it checked out because it could be my gallbladder.

My mother is a talented woman. She has many abilities, none of which got passed down to me. Except one. It wasn't the ability to draw or write like her, or bead or create. Or garden, or cook.

It was her ability to never call the doctor because 'I'm fine!'

Well, all through the night I battled. I seriously thought I was dying...I've had kidney stones and given birth and let me tell you what--it was pretty comparable. Finally I call. Only to find out my doctor is no longer with the practice. WTF. So they assigned me to some new schmuck. When I told the nurse what was going on and how my silent doc (she who shall not be named) told me to call, she had the triage nurse call me asap.

SO between a visit to the doc, two calls from a triage nurse, one from my silent doc (she who shall not be named) it is determined it is most likely my gallbladder and I have an ultrasound on Monday.


In the meantime.....this is what I CAN'T eat:
chocolate, alcohol, carbonated water, tea, coke, dairy, eggs, red meat, chicken, turkey, fats, ice cream, citrus, coffee, cabbage, corn, fruit juice, pork, butter, margarine, nuts, onions--basically anything with flavor.

I CAN have: hot water with lemon, fiber, freshly juiced veggies, cold water fish, garlic, potatoes, beets, cucumbers, grapes, and omega 3 oils.


..............................................................................................................................................................

in the can't section-the first 3 are basically staples in my life. which is probably why my gallbladder hates me...

to be cont.

1 comment:

dena said...

None of your favs, all of your dislikes...that's awesome!