Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer sucks

I know I have said that I hate summer, like a million times already. But, I really hate summer.

The heat is wretched, the bugs are out and in and out and in, the flies are everywhere, you can't seem to get cool enough, you sweat, apply deodorant, sweat, apply deodorant, and sweat some more. If you are me, you get a heat rash on your arms and legs and you sweat some more. People wear skanky lucite heels and don't apply enough deodorant.

AND, if you are me, and you have battled the same 35 pounds for 2 years, gaining and losing, then you really hate summer even more.

I know all my teacher friends are screaming at me right now, but I'm not a teacher, and technically, I don't get a summer vacation, so summer sucks.


I am thankful that it's almost over. August is perhaps the most wretched month of the year. It's long, sweaty, hot, long and makes you wait in agony for Fall. But, this year it will be a little different. Phoebe is starting Kindergarten and is very proud that she is. So, I jumped ahead of the game and bought all her school supplies early--take that Target tax free weekend shoppers!

I think the only one in our house that loves summer is Iggy. He basks in the damn sun all day long. Boiling his skin until it's bright pink and snoring away. What-ev.

I just might have to break my rule and start lighting the cinnamon candles a week early. I can't stand you summer! Be gone!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Dear Summer~
I love you. Don't be offended by our buddy, Melissa. She is unaware of your magic. Love, Keri

Keri said...

I love your arse, chica, just the way it is.

Melissa said...

thanks Keri! But, I have lost 7 pounds this week! holla! Caio arse!