Tuesday, January 18, 2011

will run for beer

I asked Trish if she would do the warrior dash with me this year in CO. And she said yes dangit.


Then she had the nerve to tell me we were running another 5k in April, to sort of get ready for the warrior dash. This was yesterday. That means I only have 73 days to get in shape. At least she picked a race that is more my style. Who doesn't want to run for beer?

So this morning I ran a mile. It took me awhile and the whole time I sobbed. Okay, not out loud but inside I was sobbing and punching old ladies and spitting. Then I finished and realized I have to do it again on thursday. What a freaking jip.

Here's a new years tip for you peeps: if you are 12 pounds from your weight loss goal and in excellent shape, don't take zoloft as per your doctor and then realize it sucks and get off of it and gain 40 pounds.

Will run for beer 5k. Watch for my fat arse running down the road April 2nd.

Or do yourself a favor and don't.

2 comments:

Keri said...

I OFFICIALLY signed up for the one in Arizona in April! It should only be about 90 degrees since all the mornings waves were full!!

Melissa said...

Oh Keri, I cannot run in AZ or we would have joined you. I refuse to be in that weather. Goodluck, have a good time!