Thursday, March 3, 2011

RIP Lily

Last night we went to Petsmart and Phoebe bought a fish. With her own money.
It was blue and a female and she named it Lily.

This morning, Lily didn't wake up.


SHIT.

In all my years of having bettas, I have NEVER had one that died the first night. They all lasted 3 years at least.

Now, this morning I get to trudge back to petsmart with a dead fish and be one of those parents who buys a new one to cover up the dead one.

But I have come to the conclusion that since Phoebe is already a sensitive child and still cries about Stugots, her fish when she was 3, then I cannot tell her about lily. Thank god she picked a blue one when I kept telling her to get the only white one in there. That is baby jesus looking out for me.

RIP lily.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I still say she could have handled it. Wouldn't YOU want to know? ;) Just messing with you. Glad the cover up went well.