Thursday, March 21, 2013

baby in the meantime....

The past 8 months of my life while I was missing in action, were a whirlwind of SHIT.

But, some good things also happened. We went to DOLLYWOOD! Oh it was glorious! Tennessee is so beautiful and my sister and her boyfriend have the coolest house. Literally, the coolest house-when the humidity outside is 89% in 90 degree weather...

But seriously, a really awesome place! Gatlinburg is cuh-razy and we had a great time!

In the meantime, with Dollywood a fart in the wind...this happened:





Igor started having the squirts last year when we moved in August. Neither Nick nor I could figure it out. He was already on a top of the line food but nothing helped. When his vertebrae started showing...I took him in to the vet. I thought the move stressed him out. Which is what the vet thought. However, after hearing the same ol story from that vet and him deteriorating right before our eyes-we switched to a new, lovely vet whom I adore!

He tried a few things before we went into major testing and the pills seemed to help iggy. But when the steroids stopped he went right back into squirt mode and into the laundry room to live. So...after a $300 blood test (which hey-I could have done myself for free!) we confirmed the worst, diabetes.

This was our overweight Igor last summer:


 and an overweight Igor sunbathing and giving a little wave to his homies:

and this was him this morning on the way to the vet to get shots for his treatment:




With the insulin he should be tubby again very soon I hope! The vet thinks so. Despite his skeletal appearance, he is actually very healthy and the vet said that animals especially cats, endure sickness so much better than any other species. THANK GOD.

So, wish me luck as I inject this little skeleton twice a day and let me tell you-when there isn't any fat, it ain't very fun.

I am very tired of cleaning kitty butt. Add that to my resume.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Igor! Get fat soon Mister Bones! ♥