Yesterday I was at Target. I ran into my favorite Target person, Lisa B. I only ever see Lisa B. at Target or bday parties or Dillards, or any other random place. Maybe one of these days we will actually see each other where it's planned.
ANYWAY-there we are in the Easter aisle. I get a text from Michelle telling me she has bad news. Never in 100 million years would I have thought it would have been what she wrote me.
Despite the fact that I haven't seen him in many months, his beautiful, pirate horse teeth smile at me daily from the picture on my wall. He was my handsome prince! He loved carrots and I loved giving him more than the other horses. Like me, he hated the sun and kids. All those kids! Well, we didn't really hate the kids-it was just hot and the line never ended! He did this thing with his back feet where he drug them through the sand because he was over it!
He liked to chew on my hair and my elbow when we were taking a 'water break' from the line. Sometimes I would let him take a quick snooze before the next rider.
A few years ago at the big ranch, he gave me a romantic ride on a cattle drive on my wedding anniversary. I couldn't walk all the rest of that day.
Yesterday, he went to Rainbow Bridge...
I hope he tells Cochise I still think he's a douche. I hope he knows that I would have chewed up those carrots into small pieces like I did for black-if he needed me too. Best horse ever!
I'll miss you boy. Even though your name was Red.




No comments:
Post a Comment