Saturday, July 25, 2009

negotiating with a 4 year old is like having endless diarrhea

Me: "If I let you do the cat box, then you have to go have quiet time for one hour in your room"
Phoebe: " I ONLY do cat poop and Math NOT quiet time"
Me: " No one said anything about math, just cat poop and quiet time, so IF I let you do the cat box, then you GET to go have quiet time"
Phoebe: " NO! MATH AND CAT POOP THAT'S THE DEAL!"
Me: *shaking my head*
Phoebe: "PLEASE LET ME DO THE CAT POOP..PLEASE!"
Me: "What about quiet time, it's so sad because you left it out"
Phoebe: "Quiet time is poo poo. Math and cat poop, listen to me will you?!"
Me: laughing deliriously because of the math part..
Phoebe: "YOU are the boss, I am the kid, I LIKE MATH AND CAT POOP LET ME DO IT"

*After hearing something about liking math, I blacked out*

Nick tells me while I lie there drooling that Phoebe ran around me and screamed something about linear equations and tidycat and that I'm the worst boss ever.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh geez! I busted a gut reading this. She likes changing the litter box? I think it is hilarious that she is fighting with you about wanting to clean up the cat poop. How smart are you to have capitalized on that?!? :) Love, love, love it!!!

Kathy V in NM said...

Linear equations, indeed! That kid is just too darn smart . . . .


Mom