This is what happens when you stay 29 forever in spirit, but mentally you are 65 and physically you are 45. *sigh*
When my mother reads this she will shake her head at me all the way from Las Cruces because I put 65 as the age where your brain starts to get a little wacko. (right?)
Let's catch up bloggy.
School still sucks, but has to be done. I am proud of myself for not quitting and for taking on a full load while continuing with Phoebe activities, managing my household, driving my husband mad, volunteering for the Wade's, volunteering at Phoebe's school, and still finding time to swim a few nights a week to clear my 65 year old mind.
Stress rode into my life last week and parked it's winnebago in my stomach where it has been getting into fist fights with my ulcer. I do not like this so much. I have been advised not to drink coffee--seriously? *rolling eyes*
(If you know me, you know that I have not followed that order and still continue to drink the life juice that keeps me happy and sane (sort of).
We have a new animal in the house, much to Nick's dismay. Igor, our bald, handsome, adorable, soft, super friendly kitty. Yes, he's bald and he's okay with that. He likes to drool, a lot. He also likes to stick himself right on you, until he warms up and you start to sweat. Not so cool in the summertime, but I can imagine come this winter, I will welcome his warm, little body next to me on the couch.
Dippy is not doing so good. Poor, old gal is starting to lose the use of her front legs and it makes my heart hurt. She will be 9 this winter, and the vet says her breed doesn't normally live too much longer after that. She is starting to show signs of old age (has been for awhile, but I try to ignore it) and this makes me hurt as well. Nobody wants to see their fat, snotty princess doggie get old. She IS a princess.
I am supposed to be doing homework. Mom, sorry about the 65 remark, but seriously....I can imagine at 65 that is when you start getting loopy. We have had a fun summer so far. Although Italy was canceled, we had our backup plan and we traveled to Disneyland. Nick and his uncle Chuck were thrilled! Jumping for joy! We got to stop in AZ and stay with Jeff and Kristie and the kids and Phoebe and Liberty had a great time playing!
Then we picked up Noni in Phoenix and continued on our journey to CA, stopping in Palm Springs overnight with Uncle Chuck, Aunt Mary, Cousin Jessica and Noni. Despite it being a breezy 118 degrees that day, we had a great time. The next day we made it through wretched LA traffic and got to Newport where it was GLORIOUS! GLORIOUS!!! Cloudy, 72 degrees and the beach was screaming in my ear. Alas, the beach had to wait because it was Phoebe's half birthday and we promised her a surprise which meant back into LA traffic and into West Hollywood where we met up with my cousin David and his lovely wife Lindsay at the American Girl store. Nick and Dave were overcome with giddiness and couldn't wait to sit and have tea with the dolls.
After we got lost on Sunset BLVD for a total of 30 seconds, we found our way back to GLORIOUS Newport Beach and enjoyed the 63 degree temp and the hot tub! Breakfast the next day was GLORIOUS on the beach and I got to wear a sweater! WOWEE! We even found Noni a beach wheelchair which Uncle Chuck couldn't get enough of and he took her 4 wheeling into the waves...
After a GLORIOUS morning in the foggy weather, we left the beach and everyone to continue on the way to Disney where we finally made it to our hotel. Phoebe I think, began to think that we were pulling her leg about Disneyland since everyday we told her it was coming and everyday we weren't there yet.
To make a long story short, it was awesome, hot, tiring and we walked 60 miles in Disney. BLAH! Phoebe got a 24 hour stomach flu which was wretched for her, but she trudged on and thank god for $12 stroller rentals at Disneyland. We got to see most of the park before she got sick, but she was sick for the Minnie Mouse breakfast which Nick LOVED. Yes, he did.
We got to enjoy Uncle Chuck's enthusiasm at Disney when they all joined up with us a few days later. Noni enjoyed some rides and food and we got to meet a new baby cousin, Oliva. (not Olivia)
My favorite part was the Electric Light Parade, and no, not because we had great seats in front of the winery where I was able to enjoy a glass of vino while watching! Thanks to the lady sitting next to us who told me about this, made the evening that much more enjoyable!
Yes, we had a good time! No, I did not ride the Tower of Terror or that freaky Coaster in CA Adventures. Yes, Uncle Chuck called me a chicken. No, I still didn't ride.
After a 14 hour drive home, we made it back to our house and our animals and our lives. poop.
Can I please continue to ask when FALL will be here? Really Summer, enough already.
Caio Bloggy, my cat is drooling on my keyboard and I am pretending to be doing homework so Nick doesn't beg for the computer..
p.s. if you want to live vicariously through a friend of mine and her boyfriend, visit this blog: http://www.swenandkat.blogspot.com/
They have traveled VEEEERRRRY far on bikes and are almost to their destination of....omg...Argentina I believe. It's a cool story and they are crazy!
4 comments:
I can see your mother's tut tut as she reads this too.
65 ! Just you wait 'enry 'iggins.
Pause blooming youth as you pass by.
As you are now so once was I.
As I am now so you will be.
Prepare yourself to follow me.
If you have fun, stay young and enjoy all the things you have now and in the future time will fly and before you know it you are 65 - and believe me if you are crazy it's because you are having the time of your life!
Hate to tellya, but life really begins at 65!
Lotsa love,
Mom
LOL
Mom!
Just like someone told me life really begins at 30!! thhbbbbtt!
Post a Comment