Friday, January 15, 2010

FrankenMissy

Okay..so awhile back in December I posted a mysterious blog about something I made that my mom wasn't supposed to know about and it made a few people curious and the few that actually knew what it was about have hounded me nicely to post pics up on here.
If anyone knows my mom, they know she is a sewing, crocheting, beading, painting, drawing, knitting, artistic godd-ess! So, since I haven't picked up a damn thing from her--dang it--I decided that it was time for me to get back on that thing some women and men call a sewing machine. The last time I used one was sometime in 1990? Maybe 1991? My mom is a doll freak. She paints them, sews them, beads them, collects them..you get the idea. I wanted to make one for her and literally make it by hand.
I have a really awesome gypsy friend, Alexa. She too, is an artistic goddess. So, I called her up and she agreed to help me and it was a great way to spend time with her and voila

First..Alexa made the pattern larger for me since I am at the amateur level.



Then, I broke her sewing machine..okay almost, but really--for like a second, then I saw that I look exactly like my mother when she sews. She's got like 3 pairs of glasses and at least two of them are always on her head while she wears one..


4 sweaty, frightening hours later....


Then I shoved her in a shoebox and wrapped her up and hid her in the tree until xmas morning. "What a world! What a world!"






5 comments:

The Wades said...

She's a charmer, that dolly! I bet your mama absolutely loved her!

Trish said...

She turned out so cute! Does your mom just love her

Vanessa said...

love it! I am learning how to sew this semester..

Barb said...

Now that you know how to sew, you can teach me. I'll bring the wine

Melissa said...

Come on over Barb! (;
And yes, my mom loves her! Gave her a special place in the house.