Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nurse Iggy

I have been bedridden for two days. What I thought and hoped was back pain turned out to be a kidney infection--and I just knew it too. damn.

After an amazing weekend of frolicking in cow poo and drinking PBR, this is what happens peeps if you don't drink enough water! DRINK DRINK! I am in utter agony and can't seem to wake up because I am just exhausted. My poor kid thinks I am a sloth and she knows what a sloth is because she studied them in school. wowee.

Even Iggy is beside himself! He has taken up as my day nurse and will not leave my side except for 2 minutes today when he vomited up foil strings from a new years eve horn. (FYI, if your kid brings home one of those from school and you have a hairless cat who loves foil strings, throw it away asap.) He rolls to whichever side I have decided to lie on and he follows me to the bathroom to make sure I am okay-or if I see that he needs food, whichever comes first. Then he steals my snuggie and wraps himself in it to make sure it's just the right temperature before I steal it back.

Have I mentioned that I am walking like a hunchback and it hurts when I take a deep breath? I went last night to see Julie who worked her magic on me with her oils and laser and I did walk out of there with no pain, but today it hurts a little bit and I wish it didn't. I want to work out and I want to swim and I want to walk like a semi normal person again.

oh poo.

I mean, oh pee..

can't my kidneys and my pee sac just get along already?

2 comments:

Sarah B said...

Sorry to hear you don't feel good, please let me know if you need anything... I am just down the street!!!

The Wades said...

My poor Melissa. Can't wait to hear what doc says. Enough already, kidneys.