I don't want people to think I overlook Thanksgiving, because I don't. I have already purchased my turkey. 24 pounds of beauty sitting in the freezer waiting till next week when I have to start thawing it 6 days prior to cooking because it's so massive. I have all the ingredients for my stuffing, I have my table settings and the wine picked out.
Of course, I am hoping my Christmas tree arrives on the 22nd like Max says it will..with the other 699 trees. Yes, I put my Christmas tree up on Thanksgiving, so.
I guess this is the month when everyone seems to be reminded the most of the things they are thankful for. I have noticed on facebook, friends posting daily of things they are thankful for. I am thankful for my Christmas tree arriving on the 22nd.
Just kidding. not.
But really folks..here's my list:
1. My husband and my kid
2. My dogs. For the fact that Dippy will be 11 on New Years Eve and for a mastiff, that is ancient, like yoda ancient. For Matilda and that we rescued her from abuse.
3. Igor. Even though he can be the biggest, loudest douchiest cat ever. He can also be the snuggliest, cutest and best christmas sweater wearer ever.
4. My husband's job.
5. Our house.
6. Our health.
7. My chickens. For their colorful eggs and their bastardness towards my husband. Also for their fat arses pecking around the yard.
8. GGYR.
9. My friends, duh.
10. Pelligrino. In these dark, dark times of not drinking soda, you have become my savior.
11. My christmas tree arriving on the 22nd.
12. The other 699 trees coming too. Because that means more $ for the ranch. Buy a tree people!
13. My family.
14. My itouch. Thank you for your endless hours of enjoyment while I lie awake with insomnia at 3 am.
There are a million other things I am thankful for. I just don't have the time to write them all down.
*This list is in no particular order
2 comments:
Lovely list. I was just going to ask if this list was in a particular order. :)
We're ever so thankful for you!!
the charger for your itouch at 3am. You know you're thankful.
I didn't see me on the list.
Just gently pointing that out.
What, I don't deserve to be specifically called out by name?!?
Post a Comment