Tonight I am having the goils over for food, wine and laughs.
The End.
Just kidding. I also decided that I would make my friend Tricia's 12 year old daughter Keegan extremely happy by making her 'Bloody Cupcakes' for her Twilight themed sleepover she is having tonight for her bday. It's been awhile since I really baked and decorated anything fun, and I unknowingly planned it the same day I am hosting friends for the evening! AH! I have been having brain farts all day long.
I finished them and now my right hand will be forever stained a weird pink color from making a blood splatter effect on the frosting with red food dye and almond extract. Oy. It will not come off.
BUT! There is a 12 year old girl who will be extremely excited when she sees them (hopefully) and when she bites into the red velvet and 'blood' oozes out..I hope she will scream!
Not my best work, but still fun to make. Especially with the dark chocolate 'blood' filling that will ooze out when you take a bite.
Yesterday was Phoebe's last day of summer school. She was sad to know that her friend Savannah would not be coming back, because Savannah is going off to Kindergarten! What a doll she is and we will miss seeing her at school everyday for sure. Mom promises to get the girls together for playdates because Phoebe was one of the few that Savannah opened up to.
And this morning on top of all the craziness of bloody cupcakes and hosting a girls night out, my neighbor and good friend Saidee had her little girls' first bday party! I was the photographer which meant I sat down twice I think. It was worth it, what a princess Lexie is today! Happy Bday Lexie!
1 comment:
Awesome cupcakes, Melissa!!!!
Post a Comment