Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where are you Fall?!



I really wish it was October. I can't stand summer anymore! I am ready for dead trees and cold weather and the smell of fireplaces. I am ready for sunday breakfasts' on the patio of Flying Star in front of the fireplace drinking coffee. For candles and hot tea and halloween!






I love Halloween movies. I love the old, cheesy ones like Rosemary's baby and The Omen. We watch The Nightmare before Christmas like 5o times before Halloween and have a carving contest.






Did I mention I hate summer? Summer is sweat and bugs and heat rashes. It's sunburns and long days and for me, migraines.






This year Phoebe will be 5 years old! Her first Halloween she was a lion and she was walking at 9 months trick or treating down the street. Her second Halloween she was Snow White and screaming at me to give her candy. Her third Halloween she was a Ladybug and she only wanted to go down the street and back. Last year she was a witch and she said thank you to everyone who gave her something. This year, it's a toss up. I think she would be a fabulous Coraline! She wants to be a mermaid and a witch. *sigh*






Coraline has blue hair and gets to wear galoshes and a raincoat!! Phoebe says she doesn't want blue hair..but then she thought about it for a minute and didn't say anything else. I am hoping the idea of blue hair seeps into her brain and changes her mind!




Halloween 2008 with Dippy the kittycat.




No comments: