So. Last night I made the run, barely. BARELY.
This morning my muscles ache but I love the results. I just wish I didn't have to run to get them.
Yesterday around noon Phoebe and I ventured out to get gas in the car, as we were leaving I noticed across the street tied to my neighbors tree was a white boxer. I asked him when they got a new dog and he said they didn't. He told me that the dog was running around our neighborhood and I walked up and he sat for me and was very friendly. He was groomed and his nails were nice and he was happy to have someone pet him. He had two tags, one for the city and one for his microchip. There was no tag with a number to call an owner. People-if you own a dog, it's great that he's tagged, but put a damn id tag on him as well, it makes it a lot easier on the person who finds him and saves you from having to go to the pound and pay $$ to get him out.
So, Casey told me that he called animal control to come get him but they didn't know when they would be out and he had to run to work. I offered to take the pooch to my house and put him in the backyard with water and food until they came. My dogs came into the house and were furious that he got to run around in their yard.
Animal control shows up. I did not want that doggie to get into the dog catcher van!! Nick and I used to foster for Boxer Rescue and I desperately wanted to call Doug and tell him about this dog we found. But--I went out and talked to the city guy and he told me I had to surrender the dog because it was illegal. whatever!
I brought the pooch out and he was not happy with dog catcher guy and I don't blame him!! The guy could not get the dog into the van, so I got him to go in and he had a 'nice' air conditioned cage to sit in while the city guy scanned his chip and called the owners who did not answer of course. After 20 minutes of listening to a yelping dog and a computer beep and sweat rolling down my back, the city guy tells me the dog was stolen from the Foothills! So, Casey and I were heroes!
The dog was taken to the shelter to wait for his owners to pick him up.
Why the hell do people steal dogs?! I hate this.
Did I mention how much I hate the sun also? Where the hell is Fall already?
1 comment:
You're too funny! Glad you saved the day. I love being a dog hero too.
Max cannot wait for fall. He's so darn excited about the pumpkin stand. He thinks and plans for it all the time!
Tell Phoebe hi.
Post a Comment