Friday, October 2, 2009

Me ma, the artist

So. My mom is an ar-teest. I have friends who are amazed at her beadwork and now, her book. Yes, she wrote a book and it's A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I can proudly say that many moons ago when it was still being 'finished' that I raced my dad to be the first one to read it and I won! I sat MANY hours at my computer reading it because it was on disk and I was a poor kid who couldn't print it out on paper. So, I read it at my computer and it was worth the crink in my neck let me tell you!

She has been in NM magazine for her bead jewelry and now in the November issue for her novel, Tierra Red which takes place in this great state we call home. I urge everyone to go to barnes and noble or amazon online and buy it and you will love it as much as everyone who has read it.

There are 6 kids in my family. All of us have different talents. Elena is good at being..herself and she's good with numbers, Dave is good at drawing and writing and many other things, Jen is good at being loving and patient, Scott is good at drawing, photography, etc, Mandy is also good at photography and being a pain in my arse. My talent is being sarcastic.

Alas, I did not pick up sewing or beading or drawing from my mother. I think god really wanted me to just be sarcastic and a pain in my moms' ass, which I do really, really well! Just ask her!

So, this post is dedicated to my amazing Ma who provides my daughter with fabulous sweaters, leg warmers, hats and scarves every fall (and sometimes her friends if their moms really beg) and us girls with beaded jewelry and goodies every bday and xmas and now everyone can share in the fantastic talents of her writing by reading her novel, Tierra Red.

Here is the link to her blog, you will not be disapointed!

http://artfulmuse.blogspot.com

Cheers to you Ma!

No comments: