Next to Road House, The Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favorite movies! Road House is my skanky fave, Wizard of Oz is my fave. There--each in their own category saved and special.
Tonight my husband is taking me to see The Wizard of Oz in theaters! HOORAY! See, he really does have a heart!
I am a bit obsessed with this movie..I own all the barbies (only the cool ones kids) and the movies and the books and a doorstop and a bunch of other random kitschy stuff..stuff that only makes me happy and no one else. In high school, I was one of the speakers at graduation and even my speech was based on this movie. I know! I rule.
I am mostly excited for tonight because I get to sit in a seat next to my husband sans kid, drinking a coke slushy all for ME and no one else and I get to watch one of the greatest movies ever made on the big screen. Despite the fact that I feel 70 years old, alas, I am not and I wasn't around when this great movie was made and I am happy to report that neither my mom or dad was either! (but just barely) Shout out to my parents!
Let's take a look back shall we?
This is me before my coffee in the morning..and this is my sister all day long! People say we look so much alike! (Shout out to my sister!)I have been looking forward to this day for many weeks and it's finally here and I just might poop my pants! If you happen to be in the theater tonight and you bring your kid and your kid screams or talks, be forewarned that I will get up and rub coke slushy all over you and your kids' face and pants and people who know me, know I will do this. I have no shame people.
I don't know anyone who doesn't like this movie and if you don't--you're a liar! Pants on fire! Like the scarecrow! Everyone wished they could have a pair of ruby slippers like Dorothy--EVERYONE! I, however, wished I could have a broomstick like the witch and fly over Oz screaming and cackling because I had the shoes and she didn't!
Happy 70 years Wizard of Oz!

No comments:
Post a Comment