Monday, February 22, 2010

Doesn't everyone put their cats in the dryer?

Tonight I swam.

But first--I locked my cat in the dryer for 3.5 hours today. Unintentional folks.
I was drying Phoebe's vest for school and I took it out and left the door open, which is when he must have crawled in.
As we were leaving for school, I closed the dryer door without looking. I mean, he's hairless and it's warm, right?

Came home and started calling him and he was nowhere to be found. Then we could hear him meowing. He sounded far away..I thought he was in the wall! Then I opened the dryer and he stumbled out.

Oy vey.

Don't go calling PETA on me now.

So, tonight I swam. Only did a 1500, could have kept going but I didn't. And I don't care. I managed to swim big and I'm satisfied for now.

Moral to this story:

Always check your dryer for hairless cats before leaving the house.

8 comments:

Sarah B said...

Hillarious! So now I don't feel quite as bad for giving our dog away today... (seriously, thanks) LOL! Anyway, way to go for swimming- where do you swim? And this question has crossed my mind several questions & I have looked through your blog but I can't seem to find the answer- "were are you moving to?"

Melissa said...

Thanks Sarah! lol
I swim at West Mesa and sometimes if I have to--Valley High.
We are moving to Corrales.

Keri said...

What is 1500 in swimming? How long does it take? Do you wear a nose plug? :)

Melissa said...

Keri, a 500 is 20 laps. I can do a 400 in 6 minutes, but last night I did a 500 in like 7 minutes? Pretty happy. So a 1500 is 60 laps.
No nose plug!

Sarah B said...

We would LOVE to move to Corrales!!! We will have to come visit your new home after you move :). We just discovered the Rio Rancho Aquatic Center... cool place if you have never been!

Melissa said...

AH! I actually had to swim there for my triathlon last year and I hated it! lol It was cold and dark. yikes!

Keri said...

Simmer down with that 400 in 6 minutes! You are red-hot, girl! :) AND no nose plug! Awesome!

The Wades said...

Poor blue-eyed Iggy! That story is going to go down in history--a really great one!

I'm with Keri.. Your swimming is impressive.