Every year my brother made Christmas extra special for me and my little sister. I remember waking up on Christmas morning at 4am and watching Ghostbusters with him! Even now he is Mr. Christmas and like me, he loves, loves, loves the holiday season! baking, movies, decorating! I miss you Dave!
My sweet hubby was named after St. Nicholas because his mother loved Christmas so much. I just can't get over that and I love that he was named after Santa!! However..over the years he has become sort of an Ebenezer due to his career and old age. Every year I vow to make his Christmas the best ever so he can just be cheery and enjoy the holiday season with us. I do this with baking and cooking so much that he almost looks like St. Nick by Christmas day.
He does. I think he tries to hide the fact that he has so much cheer inside of him that he cannot stand it, but he has become quite good at concealing it underneath that salt and pepper sexy mop of his.
This year my Phoebe will be 5! It is kind of freaking me out but she is getting more fun (I say this now). She loves Christmas as much as me and so we did a little decorating yesterday..just a little. Daddy got to come home and enjoy the festive glow of the holiday season in our house!!
And just like me and her Aunt Mandy..she plays the guessing game..shaking each gift and wondering what they are...let's hope she doesn't get my smarts and start tearing the corners off the gifts and then retaping them and repositioning them under the tree so mom doesn't find out..
Mom..did you ever know that I did this?!
2 comments:
I'm dreaming of a pink Christmas.....
Right?! lol
Post a Comment