Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Open arms

In 14 days Nick, Phoebe and I head to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving. Normally I hate to travel during the holidays (after having a kid), but this year I am really, really ecstatic about heading down to the LC!!


Many moons ago, when I was lusting after my sweet whop hubby. I met this gal, Rachel. I don't know how, but we became super best pals and I literally spent every night with that girl at The Club enjoying a few beers and some good music.


We share a lot of the same interests, like live music, good beer, musician husbands, dirty sense of humors, hippie-ness, and a love for cupcakes. She likes to stalk Brad Pitt while on vacation in Santa Barbara while I would rather stalk Johnny Depp in my dreams (seeing as how France is a little far and pricey for a vacation).


We both love kitties and Journey! She bakes cupcakes for a living and I just wish I did. Nick and I were one of the very few to be lucky enough to be invited to their quaint, awesome vegas wedding! Stardust forever!





Many years ago Rachel and her super hubby Jerry moved to Port-land. Although I was sad to see them move so far, I was happy for them that they got out of the LC and moved on. We were averaging once a year for our visits and it's been two long years since I have seen that ho and I miss her more than I miss my 26 inch waist--and that, my friends, is saying a lot!


In 14 days, we get to see them!! We will be sitting at Chope's, raising our 40's to our red enchiladas and our friendship and it will be GLORIOUS!!!!



Rachel--

I've got something in my front pocket for you..



No comments: