Saturday, December 12, 2009

Birthday

Today is Phoebe's 5th birthday party! I know she is super excited but so am I! I love birthdays. Who doesn't?!

My mom always threw awesome parties and I want to do the same for my kid. I remember my 10th birthday party at our big house in Roswell. I remember my mom carting friends all the way out to our house in the boonies from school and I remember Jono falling into a cactus. (wow..can't believe I remember that!)

I remember the carousel cake she made me one year, so awesome!!

So I suck because I have only made one of Phoebe's cakes so far, but can exhaustion be my excuse?

I have a lot of people to thank for today's party and I can never thank them enough for offering their kindness and hard work and friendship. Thank you Max and Michelle and Trish and everyone for allowing my kid to have what will be the best birthday party ever today! Thank you Max for bringing the horses and for telling Santa to get his butt down from the north pole and over to the party. Thank you for allowing us to get in the way on what will be a busy, busy day for you and I hope that no bad words will be used and no fist fights will occur when I am behind the counter serving drinks.

I love all of you and I appreciate your friendship more than you will ever know!!

*Max, thank you for building Phoebe that awesome table! I still can't believe you did that!

3 comments:

The Wades said...

Right back at ya, sweet lady! We're excited for her party. So cute. It should be a fun day.

Trish said...

Happy birthdya Phoebe it was a great birthday

Melissa Sloan said...

I hope she had a great day!! She's so darn cute!!