Remember She-ra and He-man and my little pony?
Me too. Those are the things I really dug when I was little. I loved that dang she-ra castle and all my little ponies. She-ra was a beast! She could kick everyone's ass and still look good doing it. Her breasts were perky, her hair was shiny and her boots were the shizzle! She had all kinds of kick ass weapons and a ton of rad friends who could give a damn about a pink corvette. Who needs that when you have He-Man living next door?
Never one for Barbie really. Had a couple and that was it. Now..I have a soon to be 5 year old who thinks Barbie is the shiznit.
Saturday was her birthday party and she opened Barbie after barbie and this morning I got to open Barbie after Barbie and get past all the freaking twisty ties and rubberbands and tape that Mattel uses to prevent little thieves from stealing Barbie.
Remember when Barbie had just a car and a boyfriend? Not anymore. Now she has a dog who has babies and they have bowls and food and paper to poop on and toys to play with and brushes and hair and Barbie is the ultimate career woman. She's an astronaut, a vet, a teacher, a president, a cowgirl, a pin up, a model, a doctor, a zookeeper, a nurse and a singer in a rockband.
(me thinks Barbie takes speed to keep up with all this and maintain that svelte figure)
Barbie has also upgraded her house to a luxurious wooden 3 story mansion complete with a bbq and fireplace and this christmas complete with a pink tree. She has a beach buggie, a corvette, a volkswagon beetle, a bike, a moped, a few pools, a hot air balloon and most recently a very large, expensive, pink camping RV complete with a toilet and shower. You go girl!
I guess when you have that many jobs you can afford to have that many toys.
Whatever happened to liquor store barbie? Complete with a special surprise for your mommy to have when she is done opening the wretched box that barbie comes locked in? The one that gives mommy a massive paper cut and almost took off her finger?
Thank god Dr. Barbie was here when I needed her. Now, where is Pharmacist Barbie....
4 comments:
Amen to that I hate the Barbie boxes. If she can do so much how come she can't just pop out of the damn box herself?
Right?!
I need a blogging Barbie. THat would be awesome.
Never knew they put all those twisty ties on there because of thieves. Learned something new here today.
You mean, I didn't have to return all those Barbies the other day on my one of two returns for the year at Target?! ;) love ya
ha ha Michelle! There were NO barbie returns. so there!
Post a Comment